By taking the FIRST step to transforming a child’s life, you are unlocking the door to infinite possibilities and opening a world of firsts for vulnerable children and their families.
- Browse (Quick Link):
this is heading 1
What is child sponsorship?
Child sponsorship is helping a child in need. When you sponsor a child, you help provide life-changing essentials like education, clean water, health and nutrition and more while you build relationship with the child through letters, photos, and updates. The goal is to help your sponsored child and his family break free from poverty and build a sustainable community.
Why sponsor a child?
Sponsoring a child is the most personal, effective way to help fight poverty. When you sponsor a child in need, you are building a connection that encourages the child and gives him hope that a brighter future awaits. Your donations are combined with those of other sponsors to lift your sponsored child and other children in the community out of poverty.
Why sponsor a child through World Vision?
World Vision is a Christian, child-focused organization which uses community-based programs as an approach. Sponsoring a child through World Vision means helping find long-term solutions to promote sustainability rather than sending out short-term aids. We carefully look at all the things that prevent children from surviving and thriving in their communities. Then we work with each sponsorship community to bring all the pieces of the puzzle together to build a better future for the children.
What makes child sponsorship unique is the opportunity to build relationship with your sponsored child by exchanging letters, photos, updates, encouragements and even visiting the child.
The help you give does not directly go to the child and his family. Instead, we pool monthly sponsorship donations and leverage them for maximum impact. Depending on the needs of your sponsored child’s community, your support will help create tailored solutions for the community where the child lives. Interventions like clean water systems, improved classrooms, health clinics, natural farmingsystems, and community savings groups create a safe and sustainable environment for every child.
How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
Child sponsorship with World Vision in the Philippines only costs Php25 a day or Php750 per month. With that amount, you help lift up both your sponsored child and his/her entire community rise above poverty. For every child sponsored, 4 other children in the community also benefit.
Where can I sponsor a child?
In the Philippines, you can choose to help children who live in the following provinces:
Manila, Batangas, Cebu, Bohol, Antique, Aklan, Leyte, Negros Occidental, Misamis Occidental, North Cotabato, and Zamboanga.
How long will my child sponsorship commitment be?
Sponsorship is a long-term commitment; however, the length of each sponsorship depends on the needs of the child and their community. Your child’s age of independence or circumstances will vary. Sponsorship may end for any of the following reasons:
- The community’s capacity and development become sustainable. The goal of sponsorship is to help break the cycle of poverty so children and families can step into the future with much hope. When sustainability goals are met, projects are phased out and we move on to serve children in great need in other communities. This is a time for celebration!
- Your child becomes self-sufficient. In many cases, children are sponsored until they finish school, reach the age of independence in their community, and are able to support themselves, or marry.
- The family has moved to a different community. When a child’s family move out of the community to an area where World Vision sponsorship is not available, a child must leave the program.
If circumstances change and your child is no longer available for sponsorship, we will notify you and send you a new child in need to begin sponsoring.
What do I get when I sponsor a child?
- Within the first seven days of your sponsorship, you’ll receive a welcome kit from us. It will provide you information about your sponsored child.
- You will also be receiving an annual progress report on your second year of sponsorship to keep you up to date with your child’s progress. It has information about their community, including photos, so you can find out more about how your child lives – giving you a real glimpse into their world.
- You will have an access to the Sponsorship Portal, a World Vision app specifically designed to help sponsors track the progress of the child and his community.
- You can also send a letter to your sponsored child, introducing you and your family to them. You can write to him or her as often as you like and expect written letters in a few months.
How do I sponsor a child?
Beginning your life-changing journey of child sponsorship is so easy.
- Click here to go to the sponsorship page, select the province where you want to help, and a child from the province will automatically be assigned to you.
- Send your help. Choose the most convenient way for you to send your support and settle your donation. You will be receiving a confirmation email address as soon as we receive your donation. Visit this page to see the list of payment options you can choose from.
- Stay connected. Start building relationship with your sponsored child through letters and photos. Make use of the sponsorship portal to get regular updates, track community progress and recent photos or videos (if any) of your child.
- Meet your sponsored child. Sponsors who have the flexibility and resources can arrange visits to see their child, provided that the visit will be coordinated by World Vision.
Where will my pledge go?
Monthly donations of the sponsors are pooled together so we can provide long-term resources for lasting change for all the children in your child’s community. Your gift will help provide your sponsored child and other children in desperate need with the basic necessities that can help them reach their God-given potential, including access to education, clean water, health and nutrition,spiritual nurture, and economic opportunities for his or her family, the community, and other children in need.
Sponsorship also assists the entire community by providing benefits like new or restored water wells, new or renovated schools and health clinics, as well as trainings in natural farming. Adults may receive vocational training in areas like tailoring and carpentry or may attend classes in nutrition and hygiene.
Your support enables us to implement projects that are essential to the community–because we believe that the best way to change the life of a child is to change the community in which he or she lives.
this is heading 2
What Child Sponsorship is NOT?
Child sponsorship is NOT a SCHOLARSHIP.
World Vision sponsorship program serves all the registered children in the community regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, gender or even their school performances.
As a child sponsor, our help goes further than giving a child access to education. We want to see a world where each child experiences fullness of life. We do this by identifying the specific, underlying causes of poverty in each community and we work alongside the people in the community and the local government units to achieve long-term solutions that will work for them. Rather than specializing in providing education, World Vision works to bring about change in every aspect of community life. Our holistic approach – which can include digging wells, teaching new farming skills, training community leaders and much more – makes the difference between short-term fixes and long-term self-sufficiency.
Child sponsorship is NOT ADOPTING a child.
World Vision’s Sponsorship program is a demonstration of God’s love for all children in a community—not just those fortunate to be sponsored. The children who are registered into our Sponsorship program are the most vulnerable children in the area and are considered representatives of all children in the broader community.
The well-being of these children is the focus of World Vision, and our work centers on improving the lives of vulnerable children without having to remove them from the place where they currently live. The best way to do this is to empower their families, build sustainable communities and allow these children to thrive.
Because the well-being of a child is tied to the well-being of their family and their community, the work we do to help improve the life of your sponsored child is based on meeting the challenges that their community has identified. Many of our programs are directed towards developing the skills and capabilities of their parents, governments and/or communities with the ultimate goal of improving the lives of children.
Child sponsorship is NOT GIVING MONEY DIRECTLY to the child’s family.
Giving the family of the child money does not ensure responsible spending or that the community will be able to sustain itself once World Vision is no longer working in the area.
We believe true community development is not about providing money or even services. It lies in helping people discover their God-given potential as human beings, and working together to realize that potential. Fundamental to this is spiritual transformation that instills hope and promise for the future.
Technical help and funding in areas like health, agriculture, water resources, sanitation, nutrition, and income generation are important, but the underlying foundation of community development work is motivation and community organization — something a simple cash handout can’t provide.
Child sponsorship is NOT a ONE-TIME donation.
Child sponsorship is a long-term commitment.
Your monthly donation is combined with the donations of other sponsors so we can bring greater impact and lasting change for all the children in the community. Your gift will help provide your sponsored child and other children in desperate need with the basic necessities that can help them reach their God-given potential, including access to resources like education, clean water, health and nutrition, spiritual nurture, and livelihood opportunities for his or her family. A sponsor’s gift will also help provide a Christian education program to give children the chance to learn about Jesus and His love.
However, the length of each sponsorship depends on the needs of the child and their community. Your child’s age of independence or circumstances will vary.
this is heading 3
Making the most of your sponsorship
How do I meet my sponsored child?
If you want to meet your sponsored child in person, World Vision will make the necessary visit arrangements. You may contact the Donor Care Team at 8372-7777 and request for the Sponsorship Visit Request Form. It is important that you contact us at least one month in advance to give us enough time to make all the arrangements. Guidelines on Sponsorship Visit and Behavior Protocols will be sent for your review and reference.
A World Vision Staff will accompany you throughout the meeting in order to help overcome possible language barriers, as well as fulfilling the various expectations of the meeting. We want the event to be a pleasant and memorable experience for you, and for your sponsored child.
However, based on Child Protection Policy, Sponsors are not allowed to visit the home of the sponsored child. Instead, arrangements can be made for you to meet the child with their guardian at another location. The Sponsor will cover all costs associated with bringing your sponsored child to meet you.
How do I send gifts to my sponsored child?
In case a Sponsor would like to send gifts to the child during special occasions, you can send it to World Vision office and the Donor Care Specialist will facilitate sending it to the sponsored child. The costs for logistics, however, will be shouldered by the Sponsor.
What if my sponsored child has graduated?
In most cases, your sponsored child may finish Grade 12, which means, that they are now ready to take on the challenge of choosing their path.
You may either opt to support them through college or support a different child towards his or her dream.
For more questions about our Child Sponsorship programme, You may call our Child Sponsorship team at #0927 422 6071 or #0917 625 0865.
this is heading 5
How to Give Child Sponsorship Pledge
CREDIT CARD or PAYPAL
- Go to our Self-Service Payment Form
- Input your details
- Under Payment Type, choose RECURRING for Child Sponsorship
- Input the number of sponsored child / children and choose your frequency
- You will be redirected to a payment gateway to finish your credit card transaction
1. Donate through any of the following banks:
Account Name: World Vision Development Foundation
- BPI Account No. 4251-0024-15
- BDO Account No. 000-2700-4341-1
- PS Bank Account No. 038-33200-0138
- Metrobank Account No. 060-7060-5186-41
2. Kindly send a clear scanned copy or photo of the bank deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following details so we can properly acknowledge your pledge:
- Your Complete name
- Your Mobile number
- Transaction date
- Amount and Cause
- Bank and Branch
3. A World Vision representative will acknowledge your donation within 1-2 business days.
CEBUANA LHUILLIER OR BAYAD CENTER
- Please email us at email@example.com, or call us at (02) 374-7618 loc 214 to request for your Partner ID number
- Provide your World Vision Partner ID number to Cebuana Lhuillier or Bayad Center when giving your donations.
- Send a clear photo / scanned copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and use your complete name as email subject.
- A World Vision representative will acknowledge your donation within 1-2 business days.
SM BILLS PAYMENT
1. Go to any SM Bills Payment Center* near you. SM Bills Payment counters are located in the following:
- The SM Store- Customer Service
- SM Supermarket
- SM Hypermarket
- Savemore Market
- SM Business Service Center
*Please note that the Bills Payment counters at SM malls are open daily (including weekends and holidays) at 10 am. The cut-off time is 8 pm.
2. Submit the payment slip with the following information:
- Account Number: Please use your Partner ID* or CHILD ID number. [For new sponsors/donors who don’t have a Partner ID (PID) number yet, kindly email us email@example.com, or call us at (02) 8374-7618 loc 214 to request].
- Account Name: Full name
- Donation amount: ex. PHP 1,500
- Donation Purpose: (Sponsorship, Give Where Most Needed, Back-to-School, Relief, etc.)
- Contact information: E-mail address or mobile number
3. Scan or take a photo of your validation slip and email it to the following addresses:
- For new sponsors (1 year or less sponsorship), and non-sponsor donors: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For loyal sponsors (more than a year): email@example.com
4. A World Vision representative will acknowledge donation within 1-2 business days.