Browse (Quick Link):
this is heading 1
1.1 The website https://www.worldvision.org.ph/ (the “Website”), or any related website incorporating the subdomain worldvision.org.ph or https://campaigns.worldvision.org.ph, are owned and operated by World Vision Development Foundation, Inc (“WVPH”, “us”, “we”), a company and a charity registered in the Philippines with DSWD Authority to Conduct National Fund Raising Campaign No: DSWD SB-SP-000016-2019 valid from June 18, 2019 to June 17, 2020, nationwide, with registered address World Vision National Office 389 Quezon Ave., cor West 6th St.,West Triangle, Quezon City.
1.2 We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect as permitted by law. This privacy notice is intended to give you an understanding of how and why we use the information you give us.
1.3 Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website or providing us with your personal information you agree to your personal information being used and stored in the manner set out in this notice. We may update this notice from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
this is heading 2
2. How we collect information about you
Information you give us
2.1 We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- You make a donation to us or respond to our mailings and appeals (this includes when you donate to our seasonal campaigns and sponsor a Child yourself or on someone else’s behalf);
- You contact us in relation to volunteering for us, act as an ambassador or fundraise on our behalf;
- You tell us about your ‘World Vision story’;
- You attend an event (e.g. fundraising activity, corporate partnership events, donor café or donor loyalty event);
- You apply for a job with us or become an employee or provide services via an agency or provide consultancy services directly to us;
- You request and/or receive a copy of the World Vision newsletter or any other materials from us;
- You register a website account for ‘My Sponsorship’; or
- You contact us with inquiries or other correspondence (including via social media) or become involved with us in another way (e.g. by indicating you would like to hear more from us, or you would like to make a donation to us, either directly or via online).
2.2 If you interact with us in one of the ways listed above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, age and marital status;
- Information you enter onto our website or in other hard copy forms at an event;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- Details of your visit to our website, including your IP address;
- Whether you have a relationship to another supporter (e.g. husband/wife).
2.3 We may also collect sensitive personal information about you, such as details about a health condition or disability, where it will mean we can communicate with you appropriately in the future. We may also collect this information if you plan to attend an event.
Information we receive from other sources
2.4 Your information may be given to us by third parties, for example, a fundraising site like Simply Giving. They will do so pursuant to their own policies on data protection and privacy. It is a good idea to check their privacy notice when you provide your information to them to fully understand how they will process your data and may share it with others.
2.5 Please refer to paragraphs 3.2 and 3.3 for further details on the information we receive from other sources.
this is heading 3
3. Why and how we use your information and on what basis
3.1 National Privacy Commission provides a legal list of rules for companies (like World Vision Development Foundation, Inc) to regulate the collection, handling, and disposal of all personal information.
World Vision Philippines will only process your data under one of the following bases:
- Contract (usually our HR and employee data)
- Consent (usually our supporter data where you have given specific, granular opt-in permission to process your data to fulfill our relationship)
- Legitimate Interest (where consent is unnecessary and our processing is considered expected and non-intrusive)
3.2 We will process your personal information in accordance with this notice and our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for one or more of the following purposes:
- To administer your donation or support your fundraising;
- To provide you with the services, activities or information you have indicated you are happy to receive or which you have asked for;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies;
- For our own internal administrative purposes and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- For the purposes of internal research such as supporter satisfaction research;
- For marketing purposes, to provide you with information about us, our fundraising campaigns, the opportunity to participate on our events, and any other information, products, activities or services that we provide or provide access to;
- Where you have provided your consent, to publish details of your ‘World Vision story’;
- To provide you with information about volunteering opportunities;
- To provide you with details about our campaigns
- To provide essential event information where you have signed up to attend;
- To manage your communication preferences with us generally;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our service and/or donor/sponsorship opportunities;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/mobile device.
3.3 Where the law allows us to do so, in order to improve the quality and accuracy of the information you have provided to us, we regularly check the accuracy of the data we already hold about you (such as your telephone number, email address or address) against external data lists which are in the public domain (e.g. using postcode validation). We may also use third parties to check this on our behalf. We will only check the accuracy of the existing information we hold. If, for example, you have not provided us with a telephone number, we will not obtain a telephone number for you and use it to contact you. If we obtain updated details, we would combine this with the information we currently hold about you.
3.4 We may use un-automated profiling and screening techniques to analyze your personal information and create a profile about you, your interests and preferences from publicly available information. This helps us to ensure communications are relevant and we make appropriate requests for donations and other forms of support. The types of information collected about you from the public domain will include:
- Your age;
- Your qualifications;
- Your trusteeships and the type of charity which you are a trustee of i.e. grant making);
- Your company directorships;
- Your donation history;
- Your primary business organization.
this is heading 4
4. Where is your information stored
4.1 The information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the National Office (e.g. the World Vision offices of the communities we support. It may also be processed by persons operating outside NO). By submitting your details you agree to this use of your data.
4.2 Online payment transactions are encrypted and managed by our third party agencies (payment portals like Dragonpay, Paymaya, and online banking; and if redirected through over the counter payment centers like Cebuana Lhuillier and SM Bills payment; They do have their own policies on data protection and privacy. It is a good idea to check their privacy notice when you provide your information to them to fully understand how they will process your data and may share it with others.
4.3 Transactions are with password which enables you to only access secure parts of our site. You are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.4 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure (though note that online payment transactions are securely encrypted). Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information from payment portals, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
this is heading 5
5. How long do we keep your data
5.1 We will keep the information you willingly provided throughout the duration of your sponsorship or as long as you are actively donating to World Vision Philippines. Your data will only be deleted on one of the following occurrences:
- Deletion of your personal information by you.
- Receipt of a written request by you to us.
- Your sponsorship/donor account has been inactive and you have opted out from receiving communication from World Vision through a written request.
5.3 For non-financial relationships wherein you have opted in to give your consent to receive updates from World Vision Philippines and where there is no request for deletion by you through a written request, we will retain your data beyond four years.
this is heading 6
6. Who has access to your information / who we share your data with
6.1 We may allow our staff, consultants and/or external providers acting on our behalf to access and use your information for the purposes for which you have provided it to us (e.g. to deliver mailings, analyze data and to process payments) or for purposes set out in this privacy notice. We may also allow these representatives to contact you concerning your donations.
We will only provide them with the information they need to deliver the relevant service. We will ensure your information is transferred securely and treated with the same diligence as if we were handling it directly.
6.2 We do not sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing. In other cases, we will not share your personal data with third parties except in accordance with this privacy notice or when we have your permission.
6.3 We may disclose your information to other organizations and agencies if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others. For example, we may share your information with DSWD for the purpose of administering child sponsorship program.
6.4 In accordance with our commitment to protect vulnerable children from all forms of exploitation and abuse, we may share details, including personal data, relating to serious breaches of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures with statutory authorities such as the police, Local government units from the communities we are supporting, Council for the Welfare of Children (CWC) and Department Of Social Welfare And Development (DSWD).
this is heading 7
7. World Vision Partnership
7.1 We may need to disclose your information to other offices in some circumstances with your consent. World Vision Philippines is part of the World Vision partnership which works in almost 100 countries. World Vision offices in other countries may be best placed to manage your relationship and provide you with any necessary support.
7.2 For example, if you sponsor a child through World Vision Philippines, or are involved in some other World Vision activity that involves a personal link to our overseas programs, elements of your personal data necessary to fulfil the activity (e.g. your name and address) will be shared with relevant World Vision offices in that country in accordance with this notice. We will only share your details with another World Vision office in accordance with data protection laws and regulations and where we have your consent to do so.
7.3 Other members of the World Vision partnership may legally be obliged to share data in accordance with their relevant domestic legislation and potential law enforcement requirements.
this is heading 8
8. Your rights
8.1 We take your data rights seriously. The National Privacy Commission implement RA10173, effective in the Philippines affords you the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to object
- The right to erasure or blocking
- The right to damages
- The right to file a complaint
- The right to rectify
- The right to data portability
For more information on these rights please read the relevant guidance issued by the National Privacy Commission: https://www.privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/
8.2 You can exercise your data protection rights in the following ways:
- Email us email@example.com to send your request.
- You can send postal mail to the following address: World Vision Development Foundation, Inc. c/o Online Marketing Team; 389 Quezon Avenue corner West 6th St. West Triangle, Quezon City 1104
- You can call the following:
– Philippine Telephone number: (2) 3747618 to 28 loc 214
– Fax: (2) 3747661
8.3 Instructions for unsubscribing from emails are included in each email we send.
8.4 In the event of exercising your data rights we will require suitable identification such as a copy of any of your valid government issued ID.
8.5 If you are unhappy with the way we have processed your personal data, please message us using the contact details set out in clause 8.2 of this privacy notice. If you remain unhappy with how your complaint is dealt with, you can contact the National Privacy Commission or click this link: https://www.privacy.gov.ph/complaints-assisted/. Alternatively, you are entitled to make a complaint to the information to NTC without first referring your complaint to us.
this is heading 9
9. Changes to our privacy notice
9.1 We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy notice without advance notice. Notice of these changes to this notice will be posted to the homepage for this website (www.worldvision.org.ph) for a period of three days.
this is heading 10
10. Cookies Policy
10.1. What are cookies
10.2.1 We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies – these are required for the operation of our website and include, e.g. to enable you to log in to the secure area, ‘My Sponsorship’, of the website or make use of e-payment services.
- Analytic/performance cookies – these allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language).
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
10.3. Third party websites and social networks
10.4. Disabling cookies
10.5. Changes to this notice and further information
10.5.2 You can find out more about cookies generally and how to disable them at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATED: October 2021