The most effective way to help a child is to strengthen the child’s entire community. We do this by pooling your monthly sponsorship donations with those of other sponsors in a community to provide the assistance that children and families in the Philippines who are living in poverty need most. Your generous donations will help the whole community have access to vital resources like clean water, nutritious food, healthcare, education, economic opportunities, and more.
Why Child Sponsorship?
Child sponsorship is an answer for a long-term solution to poverty that cripples families and steals hope from children in the Philippines. It is one little thing that every Filipino can do for the country.
World Vision helps transform a community through child sponsorship.
When you sponsor a child, your monthly sponsorship of P750 gift provides one child — and his or her community — life-changing basics like:
- nutritious food
- clean water
- access to healthcare
- access to education
Your monthly pledge is pooled with those of other child sponsors in the Philippines. Pooling together resources and donations enables World Vision to maximize the productivity of every peso.
These lasting changes give your sponsored child and other children in the Philippines the chance to grow into adults who can provide for themselves and their own children and contribute to their community.
What to expect as a Sponsor?
You get to see your sponsored child and their community reach their full potential! You will be helping not just a child but also their family and community.
- Once you become a child sponsor, we will help you create a one-on-one relationship with your sponsored child.
- Within the first seven days of your sponsorship, you’ll receive a welcome kit from us. It will provide you information about your sponsored child.
- You will also be receiving an annual progress report to keep you up to date with your child’s progress. It has information about their community, including photos, so you can find out more about how your child lives – giving you a real glimpse into their world.
- Send a letter to your sponsored child, introducing you and your family to them. You can write to him or her as often as you like.
3-ways to start giving
Sharing your blessings to help a child in need will have a lasting impact in his or her life. Here are three ways in which you can send your pledge.
- Credit Card. We use PesoPay, a safe online gateway that facilitates most local credit cards issued in the Philippines.
- PayPal. If you already have a Paypal account, you would know that using this online payment facility is one of the fastest and safest way to give. It’s free to register and with a simple email, you are set to send your donations.
- Bank Deposit. This is an option for those that really like going to the bank. World Vision has four accounts you can choose to deposit your pledges from.