Work With Us
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by addressing the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision helps transform the lives of the world’s poorest children and families in nearly 100 countries. In the Philippines, World Vision Development Foundation provides assistance to the children, families, and communities in 29 provinces and 36 cities.
Make a difference and join in the field of aid and development. Become part of a professional and friendly team committed to fighting poverty at its roots. Browse this section for available positions in World Vision.
We are looking for Christian professionals whose faith and values match our mission to with the poor and to fill in our vacancies.
Purpose of the position:
The Program Officer represents WVDF in the Municipality or City or within her/his specific geographical area of assignment. S/He is primarily responsible for the quality, timely and effective implementation, integration, contextualization, monitoring and reporting of all WVDF’s Technical Programs in partnership with the Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Local Government and Line Agencies, Churches, Schools, Private Agencies and all other relevant organizations. S/He uses the principles, processes, standards and tools of Development Program Approach (DPA) as well as the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) to ensure that WVDF’s interventions contribute to improving child wellbeing, community shared plans and sustainability of results.
In times of emergency response especially within the area program or cluster or field office, the Program Officer may become part of the Response Team depending on her/his expertise and training with prior agreement with her/his supervisor. This role must be clearly defined, agreed and supported with appropriate training, coaching or exposures and a plan to cover her/his responsibilities is in-placed while on a special assignment.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Social Work, Community Development or related Social Sciences.
- At least 2 years’ experience in program/project management for NGO.
- Experienced in working with local governments, line agencies, churches and other organizations.
- Experienced in facilitating children’s activities.
- Familiar with the basic requirements and standards of child sponsorship.
- Experienced in program/project monitoring and evaluation.
Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM) Manager
Purpose of the position:
Lead the successful growth of Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) team to reach organization funding growth targets and diversify and strengthen WVDF’s funding sources to achieve its strategic targets, strengthen its impact, and achieve its vision. Specifically, work to generate and acquire new business from international bilateral, multilateral, foundation and corporate donors, leading on the identification and formation of new innovative partnerships with external agencies, the preparation of grant proposals, and monitoring of grant implementation.
- Work in collaboration with RAM Senior Manager to strengthening the organizations’ relationships with bilateral/multilateral donors and WV International Support Offices (SOs).
- Help support RAM Senior Manager with the establishment of effective and sustainable GAM business processes, policies, tools and guidelines; and champion the quality implementation of such processes.
- Lead the establishment and provide oversight for management of cross-organizational Proposal Development Teams (PDTs).
- Monitor implementation of grants and provide advisory support to operations, helping to ensure grant projects achieve strong results and agreed targets. Manage a team of four staff, working to grow the WVDF pipeline of bilateral/multilateral grants.
- A master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in demonstrating competency in technical writing for development – for example, a degree in international development, economics, health, disaster risk reduction, education, or other related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in grant proposal development with a track record of successful proposal writing for bilateral and multilateral institutional donors resulting in funding acquisition, including USAID, DFAT, GAC, World Bank, ADB and EU;
- At least 3 years of experience in grant project management and operations, with a track record in management of grant projects funded by priority donors: USAID, DFAT, GAC, World Bank, ADB and EU;
- At least 3 years of experience managing staff;
- At least 3 years of experience and demonstrated success in directly managing funding organizational relationships with external agencies and partner organizations;
- Experiencing in developing, leading or coordinating consortium or networks of development actors;
- Experience in development and managing project finances and budgets;
- 3 years of experience in leading a cross-organizational team in the development of project designs or similar activities;
- 3 years of experience delivering development programming or operations;
- 3 years demonstrated experience in building alliances and partnerships with external agencies (private sector, NGOs, academe) involving financial exchange;
- Experience negotiating with institutional donors such as of USAID, DFATD, DFAT, ADB, EU, World Bank;
- 3 years of experience in directly managing stakeholder relationships with institutional donors or other funding agencies.
Marketing Innovations Manager
The key purpose of the role of Marketing Innovations Manager is to contribute to the development of the Innovation strategy in alignment with the Resource Development Strategy and Over-all Country Strategy, creating and delivering innovative ideas and concepts and managing these from concept to launch. We are looking for a strategic and creative thinker, with a knack for building what she/he envisions, to accelerate our pace of marketing innovation within our Resource Development team. Reporting directly to the Resource Development Director, the Marketing Innovation Manager will support the prospecting of new markets and new products and marketing channels for World Vision in the Philippines.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management or other related courses
- 5 years (or equivalent) experience of launching Marketing Innovation Projects and Business Development
- Experienced at concept writing and testing methodology.
- Experience in managing innovation projects with a successful track record of bringing in a high % of projects at above target profitability.
- Experience of leading brainstorming sessions, with knowledge of numerous tools and techniques for facilitating idea session to a successful outcome.
Systems Specialist – Programmer
Purpose of the position:
Provides professional service for effective information systems and technology support for the achievement of organization mission and objectives with the end view of creating a balanced customer service focus and accountability. Administers, maintains operating stability and efficiency, conducts technology research; purchases, deploys and configures new hardware and software; provides user training and support continuously improving the organization system, service and stewardship in areas of system administration and development.
- Manages all aspects of information technology system administration and development, offering cost-effective solutions through innovative design and thorough knowledge of business-growth-enabling tools
- Builds a successful information system administration and development set up from the ground up, providing a wide range of services to client base ranging from hardware devices, networking, system maintenance/installation, and database management
- Maintains functionality of organization’s information technology system administration and development for production, testing and training, manages technical support in variety of environment.
- Manages and executes special projects, such as technology upgrades for facilities that are being remodeled, etc.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered lifestyle that models high standard of personal integrity/maturity, demonstrates servant leadership and ensures Christ-centered commitments is foundational to every information technology process.
- A graduate of Bachelors degree in Information Technology or broad knowledge of computer science field.
- At least 3 years of broad and deep experience information technology support.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing and maintaining application systems software. Worked as a systems analyst, and knowledgeable in programming and database administration. Effective personal communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to work in a team environment.
Face to Face Acquisition Specialist
Purpose of the position:
To implement Face-to-Face (F2F) marketing strategies in support to the goal and objectives of WVDF with the end in view of becoming a highly trusted organization engaging the public for transformation.
- Responsible in achieving monthly acquisition targets/goals to eventually contribute to the over-all annual local fund raising income target.
- Continually seeks potential sources of child sponsorships and one-time donations, either from individuals and groups during mall campaigns, off-site exhibits, and events.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered lifestyle that inspires passion and participants in spiritual formation and models high standard of personal integrity / maturity.
- At least College Level
- At least 1 year related experience in Marketing, Sales, or Fundraising
- Proficient communication skills – English and Filipino
- Can do presentations or willing to be trained
- Can work with minimum supervision or autonomously
- Results driven and can accomplish monthly targets
- With pleasing personality
- Willing to be assigned in any location within Metro Manila and occasional out-of-town trips
- Able to work long hours, on weekends, evening shift and during holidays
- Scheduled off will be once a week
- Willing to participate in a relief response when needed.
Gender-Based WaSH in Emergencies Project Coordinator
Purpose of the position:
- Leads the overall project implementation, its activities, initiatives, partners, budget and assets.
- Provides technical leadership and administrative oversight to the project.
- Serves as principal organizational liaison to the World Vision support office (SO) and local government units, and provincial, municipal and village (barangay) level counterpart of the Department of Education (DepEd).
- Understands keenly the unique political dynamics and works collaboratively with all stakeholders and rallies their support in ensuring that the basic hygiene and sanitation needs of the students are met, particularly menstrual hygiene management.
- Consult and work collaboratively with the Department of Education Regional and Districts Heads and the Engineering Department of the Province and Municipality to ensure that the target gender-segregated toilets are constructed based on DepEd standards and within the given timeframe, resources and quality expected.
- Ensures that the target groups particularly the WASH cluster at the sub-national level receive proper orientation/reorientation on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management for Health and WASH in Emergencies.
- Ensures that school children are educated on hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Ensures generation of quality, timely and efficient report to donor and other project stakeholders.
- Ensures feasibility, security and sustainability of the project and its contribution to the Child Wellbeing Outcomes.
- The Project Coordinator is expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
- Advance university degree in public health, medicine, nursing and other related fields
- At least 5 years experience in managing grants (must be backed up by an endorsement of former supervisor)
- Proven ability to lead a technical team
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, and/or other funding agencies, their policies and regulations
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Experience of leading large and diverse teams
- Experience as a project manager
- Experience in dealing with development assistance and donor relations
- Experience working and dealing with local government units
- PRC if applicable under the allied medical health
- Certificates of WASH-related trainings
Pro – Futuro Digital Education Project Coordinator
Purpose of the position:
WVDF – Pro Futuro Digital Education Project Coordinator represents WVDF and is primarily responsible for the quality, timely and effective implementation, integration, contextualization, monitoring and reporting of WVDF – Pro Futuro Digital Education Project in partnership with the Department of Education at the community level. S/He uses the principles, processes, standards and tools of digital education to ensure the WVDF and Pro Futuro intervention contribute to improving children learning outcomes through digital education.
- Oversee Training, Equipment use and partner teachers’ roles and responsibilities.
- Provision of technical support to the partner school within project impact aread, gather and dispense needed information and updates.
- Coordination with Pro Futuro Lead Project Coordinator and Technical Team for feedback and Remote Support.
- Report to Lead Coordinator the progress of the teachers using ProFuturo resources.
- Graduate of Education, Developmental Studies or related Social Sciences.
- At least 2 years’ experience in academic IT- related program/project management for NGO.
- Experienced in working with local governments, line agencies, churches and other organizations
- Experienced in facilitating digital education workshop and children activities.
- Knowledge in digital education curriculum and classroom activities design
- Experience of planning and building interactive digital platforms (including forums) for learning, information sharing and knowledge dissemination
- Experience of designing and updating websites.
- Experience of creating and publishing social media content
- Experience of working on large-scale projects involving several internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of organizing and facilitating webinars.
- Experience of dovetailing social networking and digital content with real-life events, workshops and conferences
- Some experience of e-learning or learning-based digital communications (desirable).
- Excellent communications, networking, alliance building and facilitation skills.
- Mastery of the Department of Education K-12 and Digital Education Program.
- Expertise in operating MS office software and has the capacity to use technology in program management.
Country Security Manager
Purpose of the position:
To support the National Director, World Vision Development Foundation in ensuring that effective security measures for World Vision offices and programs are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the national context.
Provide Leadership in optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms towards institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security.
- Strategy & Planning
- Lead the development and implementation of the security architecture that includes security strategy, specific annual business plan, critical infrastructure (incident/crisis management) in alignment with the WV Security Policy and Office of Corporate Security framework
- Security Operations
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, ContextRisk Ratings are developed and updated periodically
- Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
- Represent WV at local NGO Security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to leadership and relevant staff. .
- Capacity Building and Technical Training
- Coordinate assessment, development and implementation of security capacity building plans based on program Security Risk Assessments and operational priorities, targeting different staff groups towards relevant and adequate security skills and aptitude
- Quality Assurance
- Review the implementation and practice of organizational security risk management standards and promote alignment with WV Core Security Requirements (CSR).
- Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare and upload documentation on the Core Security Requirements at the Shepherd System and ensures its review every quarter.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience in proven security or emergency service field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors in military, security or law enforcement services).
- Operational experience
- Strategic / Managerial experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience working with UN Agency / NGO
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
- Security risk management concepts and systems in non-profits.
If you are interested to apply, kindly download the application form and email the completed form with ID-sized photo to: email@example.com.
Or post mail to:
People and Culture
389 Quezon Ave. cor. West 6th St. Quezon City
**Please check our Jobstreet page for more details.
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
UPDATED: January 30, 2019