Work With Us
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by addressing the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision helps transform the lives of the world’s poorest children and families in nearly 100 countries. In the Philippines, World Vision Development Foundation provides assistance to the children, families, and communities in 29 provinces and 36 cities.
Make a difference and join in the field of aid and development. Become part of a professional and friendly team committed to fighting poverty at its roots. Browse this section for available positions in World Vision.
We are looking for Christian professionals whose faith and values match our mission to with the poor and to fill in our vacancies:
PHINLA Technical Livelihood Specialist (Part Time)
Purpose of the position:
The Technical Livelihood Specialist will provide technical guidance, oversight and quality assurance for the effective implementation of the livelihood initiatives of the PHINLA Project (Philippines) to develop livelihood for poverty affected population though a multi-sectoral established and monitored waste management system.
He/She will oversee the capacity building to build up sustainable businesses and will mentor in all aspects of business set up and expansion as a result of the project’s focus on effective waste management.
The Technical Livelihood Specialist will provide support with capacity assessments, business registration, business planning, production capabilities, target monitoring, market linkages and problem solving.
- Livelihood set up and project implementation
- Provide technical guidance to the project team on livelihood.
- Identify the livelihood requirements relevant to the project.
- Technical input and competency development
- Build the capacity of family, CBOs in business as stated in the proposal including financial literacy and micro credit.
- Knowledge management
- Ensure updated Business and livelihood knowledge of the project team.
- Financial monitoring
- Support monitor the monthly expenditure in order to take timely actions and rectifications if necessary.
- Collaboration, partnerships and networking
- Coordination, networking among stakeholders & establishing partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Urban livelihood resilience and/or microfinance, micro business
- At least 3 years experience in setting up viable and sustainable livelihood groups
- Experience in setting up livelihood groups and guiding them for growth.
- Experience in community engagement in the areas of waste management and livelihoods
- Experience in corporate business management, particularly managing line production,
- Experience in material production and production equipment maintenance would be preferred.
- Experience on building community market linkages.
- Knowledge and experience of grant funded projects would be added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in the production line management
- Experience in leading teams on development programmes.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to project locations and relevant business points as necessary
- The position will be based in Quezon City.
Web Developer – Homebased
Purpose of the position:
This position is focused on building the front-end and back-end of software applications in World Vision Canada with the ability to take a concept and turn it into a finished product.
- Development of Web Applications:
- The primary responsibility is to design and deliver full-stack web applications and change and maintain existing programs providing a finished, professional software product.
- Create Software Solutions:
- Build custom software solutions using web technologies maintain complex technology infrastructure and collaborate within the scrum teams to implement new features and strategically plan for future products.
- Manage Full Life-Cycle Software Development:
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle for the production of software and applications, including activities like analyze, write, build, and deploy software using software design principles and product specifications to continuously enhance World Vision Company systems.
- Perform Technical Analysis and Testing :
- Work on significant issues that require intangible data analysis and recommend solutions to challenges requiring complex technical trade-offs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ of fullstack web development experience
- Excellent data analysis skills and a team player
- Demonstrated analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise in this technology stack :
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js;
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap;
- API design and development;
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete);
- RESTful Services;
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB;
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc
Project Field Coordinator – UNFPA
Purpose of the position:
World Vision will implement project entitled “Capacity Building of the Bangsamoro Transition Authority for Supporting Social Reintegration of Former Female Soldiers” under WVDF and UNFPA Implementing Partner Agreement. Its project objective is to strengthen capacities of the Bangsamoro Transition Authority cadre in programme management through the implementation of programme activities on social services and reproductive health.
The position is responsible for leading and coordinating the implementation of project activities which include planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, based on the approved workplan;
The position supports the HEA manager in ensuring that WVDF meets agreed commitments with UNFPA,as an implementing partner. Specifically:
- Coordinates and facilitates operational planning process with implementing team which include situational and security awareness, detailed activity planning and agreement based on the overall and approve detailed work plan;
- Leads and coordinates the day to day implementation of the project in close coordination with HEA Manager, UNFPA and other UNFPA’s implementing partner; and ensures prompt and quality implementation and upholds programme accountability mechanisms into the project;
- Assists HEA Manager in monitoring project activity implementation and budget utilization based on the agreed plan and budgets; ensure that activities are based on plan and identified issues are acted upon accordingly.
- Liaise with project stakeholders/partners in BARRM (internal and external) and develops appropriate positioning and messaging to create an effective project environment conducive to achieving maximum beneficiary impact.
- Graduate of Agricultural courses or any related Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with INGO and preferably with strong background in project management specially response project.
- Experienced in working with local governments, line agencies, and other humanitarian organizations.
- Proven skills in Program/Project Management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- With background in managing training and workshop for adult training like GAP for Backyard Gardening and BBB principles.
- With background on developing training curriculum and training facilitation
- Strong experience in managing agricultural livelihood projects for farming families
- With experience in distribution management
- Excellent communication, coordination, managing skills
Purpose of the position:
To add value in Direct Marketing efforts through developing & cultivating the leads through SMS and email, ensuring a good donor journey, by raising up volunteer fundraisers and providing administrative support to the Direct Marketing team.
Key Objectives of the position:
- Responsible in achieving monthly targets/goals by lead cultivation and assisting in fundraising initiatives to eventually contribute to the over-all annual fund raising income target through Child Sponsorship and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS) Campaigns.
- To delight new sponsors by seeing to it that their information are accurately in the system and that they receive their welcome call & kit based on the approved business process.
- To ensure proper handover of new sponsors to Donor Care team to attain sponsor satisfaction.
- Responsible in providing logistics and administrative support to fundraising strategies and activities in coordination with internal and external public.
- Work with Direct Marketing Officer and Team Leaders to develop and manage lead generation and nurturing campaigns throughout the year.
- Research speaking opportunities, events, and promotional/sponsorship opportunities which support the organization’s strategic direction and provide necessary recommendations. Manage event logistics.
- Recruit, engage and train virtually the fundraising volunteers from online groups partner churches, schools, associations and corporations who will serve as World Vision Volunteer Fundraisers to promote World Vision and its programs and advocacies online.
- Completely and accurately encode information and logs all related interactions in SIMMA and/or Google sheets
- Facilitate sending of welcome kit via email and printing and mailing of welcome kit for newly acquired sponsors within given timeline
- Coordinate with the New Sponsor Engagement team under Donor Care & turn over the new sponsors to on board then in the child sponsorship program.
- Responsible for preparing, delivery, and pull-out of marketing collaterals to future partner establishments
- Work with Direct Marketing Officer to establish comprehensive inventory as well as safe keeping of assets and marketing collaterals.
- At least College Level or With Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related courses, or any Social Science course with equivalent experience in fundraising, corporate partnership and direct marketing.
- At least 1 year of substantial experience in fundraising, direct marketing, and office administration
If you are interested to apply, kindly download the application form and email the completed form with ID-sized photo to: email@example.com
Or post mail to:
People and Culture
389 Quezon Ave. cor. West 6th St. Quezon City
**Please check our Jobstreet page for more details.
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
UPDATED: February 2021